- Dallas game developer Gearbox released the announcement trailer for their new first person “hero shooter”, Battleborn. The game is “heavily inspired by lots of genres” and will feature numerous player characters. I see multiple rad-looking women and an automaton so, y’know, count me in. (via Venturebeat)
- National treasure Lucy Liu is returning to the director’s chair for a future episode of her hit show Elementary. Liu previously directed season two episode “Paint it Black”. Elementary will return for it’s third season on October 30th. (via TVLine)
- Speaking of people who are basically perfect, Emma Watson has been named ambassador for the United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women. The news came as such a pleasant surprise for her many fans, they ended up inadvertently crashing the UN Women website. (via The Mary Sue)
- In case you haven’t had enough Harry Potter news for one day (you haven’t), The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Diagon Alley officially opened to the public today at Universal Studios Florida. Visitors can now experience the variety of shops, rides, and attractions that are within the new expansion. I’m not jealous. I’m not. Okay, I’m jealous. (via IGN)
- Just in time for his 20th anniversary, Hellboy is set to star in a new series called Hellboy and The BPRD. The story, Mike Mignola’s first since 2012’s Hellboy in Hell, will focus on Hellboy’s previously unseen first mission. Mignola and John Arcudi will write the script, with Alex Maleev on interiors and covers, and Dave Stewart on colors. (via Nerdist)
Images and videos are copyright of 2K Games, Gearbox, and Universal Studios Florida.