- Actor Wentworth Miller has been cast as Captain Cold in The CW’s The Flash. Captain Cold, whose real name is Leonard Snart, will appear in episode four of the series, with further appearances possible. (via The Hollywood Reporter)
- Marvel has revealed it’s film release schedule from 2014 to 2019. The announced films are Guardians of the Galaxy, Avengers: Age of Ultron, Ant-Man, and Captain America 3. Seven untitled films are set to follow, with some of them likely to be announced next week at San Diego Comic Con. If they don’t announce a Black Widow and/or Captain Marvel film, I’m going to riot. (via IGN)
- Speaking of Marvel, their release date for Captain America 3, May 6th, 2016, is the same at that for Batman v Superman: The Dawn of Justice. Kevin Feige has stated that there are no current plans to back off of the date, a sentiment which Warner Brothers echos. This feels like a really expensive game of ‘Chicken’. May the best comic book movie win. (via Variety)
- Space Invaders is apparently getting a film adaptation. Warner Brothers has acquired the rights, and Akiva Goldsman (I Am Legend, Lone Survivor) is set to produce. Okay, but will it be as epic as that Tales of Interest sequence from Futurama? (via Polygon)
- Finally, Ashley Johnson, the voice of Ellie in The Last of Us, had some opinions about the lack of female characters in video games. Namely, that it’s dumb. In an interview with VideoGamer.com, she expressed her frustration that there aren’t more female characters featured in video games, especially in roles other than love interest, sex object, or damsel in distress. You can find her interview here. (via VideoGamer)
Images are copyright of DC Entertainment, Marvel Entertainment LLC, and Midway.