- NBC has made the decision to write Lucy Griffith’s character out of Constantine, citing their decision to go in a different direction creatively. Griffith’s character Liv will be phased out quickly and replaced by yet-to-be-cast character, Zed. (via Entertainment Weekly)
- Speaking of replacements, Jon Favreau is being replaced as director for MTV’s Shannara. Jonathan Liebesman (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles) is taking over to direct the ten-episode series. Shannara is based on Terry Brook’s fantasy epic novel series. (via IGN)
- Rumor has it that Colin Farrell is in talks to play one of the four leads in season two of True Detective. While other names, like Brad Pitt and Jessica Chastain, have been thrown around, Farrell’s is the only one to stick so far. HBO has yet to confirm or deny the potential casting. (via Deadline)
- Batgirl‘s new creative team has promised more LGBT representation in the new series. Writer Brenden Fletcher, in response to an inquiry via tweet, has promised “more LGBT characters than ever before”, in addition to already established LGBT character Alysia. Only time will tell if he keeps his word. (via The Mary Sue)
- Finally, David Legeno, an actor best known for playing Fenrir Greyback in the Harry Potter series, tragically passed away today. Legeno made appearances in films such as Batman Begins and Snow White and the Huntsman, and was also a mixed martial artist. He was 50 years old. (via Mashable)
All images are copyright of NBC, HBO, and Warner Brothers.