- The new teaser for The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1 is out, and it’s quite something. Just as in last month’s teaser, President Snow gives a chilling speech with a brainwashed Peeta and indignant Johanna at his side. Only, he doesn’t quite get to finish. Mockingjay – Part 1 will premiere on November 21st, 2014 (via The Wire)
- Director Noah Oppenheim (The Maze Runner) has been tapped to direct the third film in the Divergent trilogy, Allegiant. In true Hollywood fashion, Allegiant will be adapted into two films. The second film, Insurgent, will premiere in 2015. (via Variety)
- BBC hit Orphan Black has been renewed for a third season, undoubtedly pleasing it’s many fans (and their clones). Maybe Tatiana Maslany will finally be able to get that Emmy she deserves. (via The Hollywood Reporter)
- New York City Comic Con has revealed that it’s experienced a 62% growth in female attendees since 2012. Other comic conventions have released similar statements about increased female attendance, with Emerald City Comic Con boasting 52% female and 2% non-binary attendance. (via The Mary Sue)
- Finally, A Song of Ice and Fire author George R. R. Martin would like everyone to stop morbidly fretting that he could die before finishing his iconic work. “I find that question pretty offensive”, said Martin in an interview with Swiss Paper Tages-Anzeiger, “So f**k you to those people!” Tying someone’s life value to their body of work is a pretty shitty thing to do. (via IGN)
Images and videos are property of Lionsgate and BBC America.